Pet Travel

Health Certificates for Pet Travel

International Health Exams

West U Veterinary, in Houston, is pleased to now offer International Health Exams and Certificates for pets travelling with their owners!

Any pet that is traveling requires a health certificate stating that they are free from disease and can endure the rigors of travel. While health certificates for domestic travel can be completed by any licensed veterinarian (and generally requires little more than being current on vaccines and free from contagious disease), almost all health certificates for international travel must be filled out by a specially trained veterinarian accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture.

The regulations for exporting a pet from one country and bringing them into another varies considerably depending on the destination country, and can be quite complicated, often requiring very specific bloodwork and vaccinations. A USDA-accredited veterinarian can sort through these requirements and get your pet ready for their trip, and avoid any issues that may cause delays or even refusal at entry.

Because of the often complex nature of transporting a pet internationally, it is extremely important to be familiar with the requirements of the importing country and plan accordingly (sometimes requiring planning months ahead of time). We can help reduce the stress of traveling with your pet by helping get everything in order.

Schedule an International Health Exam in Houston, TX

If you are planning to travel internationally with your pet, or may do so in the future, feel free to call us any time to start getting your little world traveler ready for their exciting voyage!

Call our veterinary hospital to schedule an appointment at (346) 224-7931 or Make An Appointment online.